Foreigners Apply for Visa to Visit Relatives in China?

There are two main categories of family visit visas:

Q visa for visiting Chinese in China. Q visa is divided into long-term and short-term, respectively Q1 visa /Q2 visa;

Visiting foreigners in China: S visa. S visa is divided into long-term and short-term, respectively S1 visa /S2 visa.

The main differences between Q1 and Q2, S1 and S2:

1) Different requirements for application materials, 1 to 2 strict, if the applicant is an immigrant status, exit and entry will require cancellation of the original Chinese household registration;

2) After entering China, you can only stay for 30 days and must transfer your residence permit before the expiration date. After entry, holders of 2 can stay for up to 180 days, or transfer the residence permit within the validity period (first-tier cities are allowed, second-tier cities need to consult Zhongchuangqiaozhi).

Obviously 2 over 1 gives the holder more flexibility. Whether this choice is important depends on the holder's individual circumstances. For example: if the visa holder has not cancelled his/her Household registration in China and does not want to cancel it in the short term, then 2 is the only choice.

Can I work in China if I have a family visit visa?

No. Working in China requires:

1) Foreigner's work permit

2) Work residence Permit

And the working unit that these two permits correspond must accord with actual working unit. Otherwise, foreign nationals and employing units belong to illegal employment.

For more services for foreigners in China, please continue to pay attention to cnvisa service platform for foreigners in China.

Foreigner in China

Why do foreigners apply for entrepreneurial residence permit in China

2022-6-19 7:46:46

Foreigner in China

Visas for Foreigners to Transfer to Work Visa in China

2022-6-19 8:00:50

Message Message